Launched in 2016, Lideres Avanzando is a College Retention Scholarship program for first and second year Latinx students (DACA and undocumented students are also eligible to participate). We aim to increase college retention and graduation rates for Latinx students across the country.
What Lideres Fellows Do:
Throughout the semester students will complete ten virtual professional development workshops ranging on topics such as Mental Health, Financial Literacy, Cultural Advocacy, and Career Exploration. Moreover, students are required to complete a Service Project and assist in a crowd funding initiative for other Latino Scholars.
Brief Summary and Benefits Include:
* $400 Scholarship upon successful completion of the program
* 10 Virtual Workshops
* Guest Speakers and Professionals in a range of fields that students can connect with
* Campus Community Engagement
* Provides Internships and Additional Scholarships Opportunities
* DACA and Undocumented Students are Eligible.
* Access to the Esperanza Network
With over 600+ Students served across the nation, 100% of students who complete our Lideres program indicate “feel more equipped and prepared for college because they are empowered by a culturally and academically relevant curriculum.”